2 cups rice
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
150 grams cabbage, grated
150 grams carrots, grated
½ teaspoon pepper powder
- Cook rice in water to which a little oil and salt have been added. Throw away the water so the grains separate. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Add cumin and garlic. Sauté.
- Add cabbage and carrots. Sauté till tender.
- Add a little water if needed and cover with a lid.
- Add the rice, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Cook on low flame till moisture evaporates.
Serve with Moong Dal with Spinach, pickle and papad.