• GRILLED TOFU WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE •
5 pieces 100 grams each tofu
3 tablespoons ginger-garlic, chopped
50 ml soy sauce
10 tablespoons oil
3 medium carrots, grated
5 medium capsicums, sliced
100 grams cabbage, sliced
200 grams mushrooms, steamed and sliced
10 tomatoes, pureed
10-15 basil leaves
3 tablespoons corn flour
300 grams maida
salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate tofu for an hour with half ginger-garlic, soya sauce and water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil, sauté vegetables separately till tender. Keep aside.
- Heat oil, fry balance ginger-garlic, mushrooms with a little salt till water evaporates.
- Add tomato puree, basil and half the marinated liquid kept aside. Boil. Then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sautéd vegetables.
- Mix a little corn flour in water and add to the sauce. Stir sauce continuously till it reaches a creamy consistency. Keep aside.
- Mix little salt and pepper to maida. Dip the tofu in it, apply oil and grill in oven or on tava till brown.
- Pour the mushroom sauce on top of each piece of tofu.