1 small unripe and tender jackfruit
2 potatoes, cut and boiled
1 teaspoon coriander
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons khus-khus
6 red chilies
1 piece ginger
6 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
1 cup shredded coconut (required for curry)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons oil
salt to taste
- Cut up jackfruit. The knife must be frequently dipped in oil.
- Salt the jackfruit and put in a pan with just enough water to cover it. Boil till three-quarter done.
- Grind coriander, cumin, khus-khus, red chilies, ginger and garlic with or without coconut.
- Heat oil. Fry onion till golden brown. Add the ground masala and turmeric.
- Add jackfruit and potatoes and cook it till done.
Serve with rotis or rice.