• SCRAMBLED TOFU WITH SPINACH AND MUSHROOMS •
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
¾ cup fresh mushrooms, steamed and sliced
1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped
500 grams firm or extra firm tofu, well pressed and crumbled
½ teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté tomatoes, garlic, onions and mushrooms in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add spinach, tofu, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper, and decorate with tomatoes before serving.
Serve with toast.