1 cup soy chunks
2 tablespoons oil
3 big onions, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tablespoons dessicated coconut
2 big tomatoes, finely chopped
3 big potatoes, cubed
- Soak soy chunks in hot salted water for 5 minutes and squeeze dry.
- Heat oil and fry onions lightly.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes
- Add garam masala,
turmeric, chili, coriander and cumin powders, and coconut
along with tomatoes and fry well for another 5 minutes till
oil separates and turns into a gravy.
- Add soy chunks, potatoes and continue frying for about 7 minutes.
- Add a glass of water and pressure cook for two steams on a low flame. Mix well.
Serve with boiled rice and kachumber and lime.