2 cups rice
2 tablespoons oil
7 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 cups carrots and cabbage, chopped into large pieces
(if preparing rice without curry include French beans and cauliflower)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 cucumber sliced into 2 inch pieces
- Cook rice with a little oil in the water and throw away the water so the grains are separate.
- Heat oil on a high flame, add garlic and stir fry. Add onions, fry for a minute.
- Add tomato. Then add the mixed vegetables and salt. Keep on stirring till the vegetables are done.
- Add rice, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar and chili powder.
- Garnish it with cucumber and lime wedges.
Serve hot with Thai Red Curry.