• TIKHA-MITHA Table SAUCE •
50 grams of each:
1 litre vinegar
750 grams sugar
- Clean Kashmiri chilies, sultanas, dates, garlic and ginger and grind with half the vinegar.
- Melt (not on stove) half the sugar in the other half of the vinegar.
- In a stainless steel pan, using a wooden spoon and on a low flame, melt the other half of the sugar.
- Mix vinegar mixtures and add to caramelized sugar (will initially harden and splutter) and continuously stir till it thickens like a sauce. (The table sauce will turn into chutney if thickened further.)
- Remove from fire, cool, bottle and refrigerate.