1 cup moong dal
1 cup drumstick leaves without stems
1 tbsp grated coconut
2 tbsps lime juice
1 tsp oil
½ tsp mustard/rai
½ tsp jeera
½ tsp urad dal
4-5 green chilies
2 red dry chilies
5 curry patta
1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp black pepper powder
- Dry roast moong dal till hot to touch.
- Pressure cook it with 2 cups water (3 whistles).
- Wash drumstick leaves and cook them for 1-2 minutes. Add to dal.
- Add coconut and salt along with 3-4 cups water depending on desired consistency.
- Heat oil, sauté seasoning ingredients, and add to dal mixture. Mix well.
- Bring to boil on medium heat. Add lime juice.
Serve with rice.