• VEG SHEPHERD’S PIE •
1 cup mixed lentils
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 green chilies
3 cloves garlic
1 green capsicum
200 grams mushrooms
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
500 grams potatoes
white pepper and salt to taste
parsley and paprika (optional)
- Pressure cook lentils. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Fry finely chopped onion, green chilies and garlic. Add chopped tomatoes. Sauté.
- Add thinly sliced capsicum, mushrooms and carrot. (If desired crumbled tofu and other vegetables such as spinach, peas and green beans can also be added.)
- Then add lentils, mixed herbs and salt to taste. Cook. Transfer to baking dish.
- Boil potatoes, peel, mash; add salt and white pepper.
- Roll out ½ inch thick and spread on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180° C for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and paprika.