• PURAN POLI •
500 grams channa dal
2.5 litres water
1 tablespoon sunth/dry ginger powder
1 tablespoon aniseed
1 tablespoon jaiphal/nutmeg powder
350 grams jaggery
250 grams wheat
- Pressure cook the dal until soft. Drain water completely.
- Cook in a thick bottomed vessel the dal with sunth, aniseed, cardamom, nutmeg and jaggery until the water evaporates completely.
- Grind dal in a puran machine or in a mixer.
- Knead the wheat flouir with salt and water to form a soft dough. Cover with a thin layer of oil and keep aside for an hour.
- Take a little of the kneaded dough, roll it out into 4" diameter rounds, put about
4 tablespoons of the cooked puran on it, cover with the help of a little dry flour and roll our gently.
- Roast both sides on a hot tava with a little oil.