4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons salt
½ cup cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup oil
2 cups cold water
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix ingredients except oil and water.
- Gradually pour in the oil, followed by cold water.
- Mix batter on a low mixer speed till smooth.
- Pour batter in baking pan which has been greased with oil and floured.
- Bake for 1 hour.
350 grams icing sugar
75 grams cocoa
½ cup oil
¼ cup Rum (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Cut cake horizontally and apply on bottom half.
- Cover entire cake with the balance of the icing.